Thursday 17 October 2013

Women are pleasant sights to behold – Sound Sultan

Sound Sultan, born Olarewaju Fasasi, is known for singing about the performances of the government of the day. He is one of the pioneers of Hip-Hop music in Nigeria and co-owns Naija Nijas record label with his brother, Baba Dee. Our Senior Reporter, Anthonia Soyingbe had a chat with him recently. He spoke on different issues close to his heart.  
Sound Sultan
Is it true that you are quitting singing to give new artists the chance to grow? 
I don’t know where this rumour emanated from but in all sincerity, I am not taking a break from singing. I am still singing and managing artistes on my label.
What has been happening to you since the release of your Dancehall?
Everyone on Naija Nija’s label is working and so I am also working.
Is it true that your latest single, Natural Something was  from your personal experience?
(Laughs) Not at all. It is all about women and I am trying to address my male fans to try as much as they can to take care of women irrespective of their status or class because, women are wonderful and special beings. It is a natural thing for a man to provide for a woman. We should not tamper with that law of nature. A man must spend for his wife, mother, sisters and daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment